Monday, March 12, 2012

Random Post: The Color Run

So I'm facebook friends with a lot of serious athletes. I see all the ridiculous Warrior Dashes and Tough Mudders they run. In theory they sound like a whole lot of fun. And then I see the photos of people, much more fit than I, struggling to climb over very tall walls. So I've come to the realization that at 248.9 pounds, that is probably not realistic adventure I wish to undertake. But as I mentioned in my initial entry about running, the thought of a 5k is something I'd like to take on at some point.

This morning, one of my friends today posted The Color Run on facebook. This thing looks freakin awesome. You run and they throw colored cornstarch on you at each kilometer. It's a 5k, and they run it in 13 different cities in the US.

My local one is in New York City on August 25th, 2012.  And the registration "opens soon". I'm so conflicted. I still run mostly at night or when people aren't home. It sounds strange, but I don't want people to really know what I'm doing, possibly out of fear of failure, but also cause the praise is kind of uncomfortable sometimes. But that's just me being self-conscious. I don't know if I can make the date which is the other thing. But this was too awesome of a thing not to share!

Anyone ever done a crazy 5k/half/marathon?

No comments:

Post a Comment