Thursday, March 8, 2012

Breakfast

I never used to be much of a breakfast person. It was always something I felt obligated to do, and did- well some of the time. Even in high school, my parents would voice concern when I wasn't eating a regular breakfast. And when I did eat breakfast it would be something quick- some cereal off the shelf, or an egg and cheese (possibly with some sort of questionable breakfast meat) from a convenience store. Not really good food choices. Even when I started eating healthier, breakfast was still somewhat of a chore. I would go through phases, eating the same thing every single day until I ran out of whatever or couldn't handle day 26 of the same cereal.

Then I, in the midst of some procrastinatory blog reading, I came across Chocolate Covered Katie . Thanks to her, I actually like oatmeal now. Before trying out some of her oatmeal recipes I was fairly convinced that all oatmeal had the consistency/taste of wallpaper paste flavored with freeze dried apple cinnamon. If you're not a breakfast person, you will become one.

Now I really try to be creative with my breakfasts, so it's a treat- not an obligation. I'll switch it up and do oatmeal one day and pancakes the next. Then maybe an egg day (I'm an egg-beaters kinda gal) with lots of vegetables. I also plan ahead. I'll browse on my phone before bed and look up some breakfast recipes to get some inspiration for the next morning. It's hard not to be excited when you've got cookie dough baked oatmeal for breakfast!


Some other breakfast ideas:
Real Simple 9 Healthy Breakfasts
Undressed Skeleton on Breakfast
Chocolate Covered Katie Breakfasts (2nd sub-heading)
Sparkpeople Breakfast Ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment