Sunday, March 18, 2012

Pumped up Kicks: Asics Gel Noosa Tri-7

I was in need of some new sneakers. My last pair of sneakers was a Fullscreen capture 3182012 70856 PM.bmpNike Shox that I received as a gift last Christmas that are really nice shoes- but not for me. I wore them to run, but my feet just hurt after wearing them for more than 10 minutes. At nearly 250 pounds, I’m not exactly light on my feet, but it got to the point where I realized it was the shoes, not the running, that was the issue.
My feet are technically flat, but I’m fairly sure I under-pronate because the outer edge of my shoes are noticeably worn down. Go figure. But after only owning these shoes for 2 days, I can tell the difference. The Nike Shox were clunky and heavy in comparison. I’ll be completely honest though, I’ve been lusting over the Asics Gel Noosa Tri-6’s for awhile. I pinned them ages ago, but I really didn’t love the color combo. I actually much preferred the men’s color better, but I figured I’d just look longingly at them on my pinboard. Until I saw the Noosa 7s. Now these bad boys are popular. I ordered them on Zappos last Monday and today, they’re nowhere to be found on the site. So snag them if you can!
They’re really lightweight and the pink bit is actually all breathable mesh. Oh yeah, and they glow in the dark. Such a great feature for night running. I will warn you, these are flashy shoes. They are BRIGHT like 1980s neon. But I find that motivating. The fit was true to size, and they felt fine with even thicker socks on.
I’ve yet to go for a run in them and truly break them in, but after wearing them to run just a few errands, I can feel the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment