Monday, March 19, 2012

As Simple as (Apple) Pie!


I'll admit it. I like dessert. So in trying to eat and live healthier, I've had to find ways to integrate the flavors I like into my lifestyle.  I like pie. At a not so distant point in my life, I could probably make an alarmingly large dent into a pie.

So the other night, I was in the mood for something sweet, but wasn't in a chocolate mood. So I brainstormed and came up with this super simple apple pie-esque dessert.

As an ingredient note, I love the Trader Joes Big & Chunky Appleauce. It almost has the consistency of pie filling, but without being that intensely sweet.


Apple Pie in a Bowl
1/2 cup applesauce (the chunkier the better)
1/8 cup granola (I like the Bear Naked Peak Protein cause it's an extra way to sneak in protein!)

1. Applesauce goes into a bowl and microwave for 1-2 minutes. You want it to be nice and bubbly.

2. Top with granola.

You could even add some low-fat ice cream or frozen yogurt if you wanted to go all crazy and have it a la mode.

All this can be yours for...
150 cal/ 3.5g fat/ 5 fiber/ 3 protein

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment