Saturday, April 21, 2012

Some Weeks Are Tough... But You Get Through Them: The Good

Sometimes, you have to remember where you were to appreciate where you are. I'm not at my goal weight yet. I'm still 2 pesky pounds away from even being halfway. But I can do it.

I was listening to someone speak about addiction recovery the other night and it really got me thinking about this. He keeps a photo of what he looked like at his worst on his cell phone, so he never forgets where he started out.

I take a ton of unflattering progress photos. Except strangely, I can't really see the weight loss, unless I'm wearing the same outfit and I see how it hangs differently, or how much I have to tie back the waistline of a dress (dresses with tieback waists are the only thing saving my previous summer wardrobe right now). I had to get rid of almost all my skirts. Things like that make the crappy days manageable. Because I know I will never feel as bad as that again.

Last night I wore a pair of size 12 jeans. Now admittedly, they're stretchy and a bit too tight around the waist, but that is half the size I wore this time last year. I actually owned a few 26s. So when I make a mistake or manage to rediscover a pound I've lost, I have to look at these things to remember it's not the end of the world. In fact, it's only the beginning.




No comments:

Post a Comment